Saturday, July 7, 2012

The King Has Returned

Sorry for the lack of updates!  I’ve been working quite a bit lately and yesterday I had my first 12 hour shift.  Luckily it wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be.  Work goes by very quickly, especially when you are in rotation.  Over the past week I’ve gotten to talk to some very nice folks.  I met a family while I was standing at the exit; the grandparents had brought their granddaughter for her first time (well technically it was her second time, but she was very little when she first visited so it doesn’t really count)!  She just finished her freshman year at college, so I told her about the college program and that she should look into it.  The grandmother was SO excited and definitely wants her granddaughter to do it.  Their whole family are Disney fanatics, so they were so happy to learn more about the program.  I have also had the pleasure of talking to families from England and Ireland.  I just love their accents and could listen to them all day!

I had the 4th and 5th of July off this past week.  Definitely a much needed break!  My roommates and I spent the majority of the 4th cleaning because inspections were the following day (I’ll let you know about that in another post).  I made a cake for us and four of us ordered pizza and had a “family” dinner in the living room. 

Later that night, three of us went to the Magic Kingdom!  Kind of a poor decision because it was PACKED.  You literally couldn’t walk through Fantasyland right before the fireworks.  And speaking of fireworks… they were amazing!  I was lucky enough to watch them on the 3rd from Splash Mountain; 360 degree fireworks… absolutely stunning.  We also went to a Pirate Tutorial because they were having them in the evening.  So in love… 

Afterward we tried to leave and go to Epcot to see their fireworks.  Since the park was packed, everyone decided to leave at the same time.  We were going to take the monorail or ferry over to the TTC, but the lines were insane.  Instead we took a bus to the Boardwalk, but didn’t arrive until 10:15.  No worries though, we ended up getting ice cream so it was worth it.  Worth it until the bus never arrived to take us home… there were four buses that passed us, so we ended up waiting almost two hours to get home.  Gotta love the bus system.

On the 5th I went to the Magic Kingdom with a roommate. 

We watched the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, played the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game (I got some ridiculous cards… Flynn Rider’s frying pans, Tiana’s hot sauce, Pocahontas’ colors of the wind, Aladdin’s magic lamp – so awesome), saw the Dapper Dans (love them),

watched Philarmagic and went on Jungle Cruise, and had an ice cream cookie sandwich.  We then caught a bus from the Contemporary, dropped off some costumes at Costuming, and went to Property Control (but that’s another post folks).  Once we were back home we went to Walmart and made a fabulous dinner of pork chops, baked potatoes with bacon, scallions, and cheddar cheese, and spinach dip with Italian bread.     

Yup, so those were my days off.  They were a lot of fun and surprisingly productive.  I’m working today from 4:45 – 10:45 (love it when MK closes early), so I’m going to sign off, fold laundry, and get ready for work.  Have a magical day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment