Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Random Nonsense


Hello loyal blog readers!  Sorry I haven’t posted too much in a while.  Working and living in Disney is definitely time consuming to say the least.  Over the past couple of months, I’ve worked quite a bit; usually starting late afternoon till closing.  I actually don’t mind these shifts, since it’s much cooler than it is in the daytime and we aren’t too busy near closing time.  We’ve had some interesting days – plenty of resets and the occasional evacuation.  I wish guests would just learn to stay in their logs… haha. 

Other than work, I’ve spent lots of time in the parks.  I’ve become addicted to collecting Sorcerer cards from the Magic Kingdom; I have a binder with the card holders (nerd alert).  Luckily I’ve passed the addiction on to my roommates as well.  My 22nd birthday was on July 31st, so I went to the Magic Kingdom with my roommates and had lunch at the Crystal Palace, which was absolutely amazing!  The only bad thing about spending time in the parks is all the delicious food that calls my name.  ;)


In recent news:  cast members can now get into the water parks for free!  I was so excited for this, since I’ve never been to either.  I recently went with some friends to Typhoon Lagoon.  We didn’t spend too much time there, but I do love that lazy river.  And the wave pool… dang that’s powerful.  I wouldn’t recommend going out too far unless you love to be knocked over by very powerful waves (learned that the hard way haha). 

In food news, I got to met Iron Chef Cat Cora!  I’m a huge food network fan, so this was such a wonderful experience.  She was very sweet and quite tiny in person.

I shall finish out this blog post with some pictures for you all to enjoy.  I have to work at 3:45, so I’ll talk to you all again soon! 














































No comments:

Post a Comment