Friday, June 15, 2012

Once Upon a Time…


Today was my first official day of training!  “Once Upon a Time Is Now” is the Magic Kingdom park orientation.  We went to Disney University for training at 7:15.  I took the 6 am bus, so I reached DU around 6:40.  Once the training started we clocked in, split up into groups, and headed over to the Magic Kingdom. 
Oh. My. Gosh. I absolutely loved this. Honestly, what could be better than training in the Magic Kingdom? We had two wonderful Cast Members lead the class, and then we were handed off to our separate role trainers.  We also got our lanyard and found out our work location. Drum roll please! … … …


SPLASH MOUNTAIN! 


So excited.  There were quite a few Frontierland Attractions Cast Members in training, so I definitely wasn’t the only new one. Our orientation just involves walking around the Magic Kingdom (and especially Frontierland) and the Utilidors, so we can get situated in the park along with learning some fun facts.     

The next exciting part of the day:  getting our lovely costumes.  I’ll be sure to post a picture soon, so you can see how wonderful it truly is.  We then clocked out at Disney University and I was able to catch the 4:05 bus home.  I have training at 7:30 tomorrow, so I’m going to head to bed soon; just thought I'd keep you all updated first :)  Have a Magical Night!     

No comments:

Post a Comment